FOR CHILDREN AT THE Y
In the Building
• Children 10 & under must be under direct supervision of a
• Children 11-12 must have a parent in the building.
• Children 14 & under can be in the Wellness Room only if attending
• Children under 12 are not allowed in the Fitness Room.
• Children 12-14 are allowed in the Fitness Room ONLY AFTER AN ORIENTATION
& UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A PARENT OR WITH A FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
• Children 11 & under are allowed on the track only under the
direct supervision of a parent who is walking with them.
• Children 10 & under are allowed in the gym only under the
direct supervision of a parent or if attending a program.
Tom & Sally Savage
• Children 6 & under must remain within arm’s reach of
an adult while in the Natatorium
• Children 7-10 must have an adult in the Natatorium.
• Children 11-12 must have an adult in the building.
• Children 5 & older may use the Men’s/Women’s locker
room with a same sex parent or use the family locker rooms.
The Waldo County YMCA facility is available for rental purposes on an
hourly or daily basis. For example: pool parties, the community rooms
can be used to celebrate birthdays, family gatherings and business or
social events. The gym can be used as is or divided in half for parties,
activities, practices, or recreational activities. Other areas provide
space for meetings or gatherings; in any event we offer a unique opportunity
to make your occasion a success. Please call us at any time to find out
how we can help you plan a special day. Parties need to be booked in advance,
please call Karen Varney at 338-4598.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Cell phone usage is prohibited in the locker, fitness and wellness rooms.
Please step outside these areas to use your cell phone.
VIDEO AND CAMERA POLICY
Visual recording devices are not allowed in the YMCA without consent of
the Executive Director or a staff department representative.
Please help us keep our floors free of mud and dirt by changing your street
shoes or boots before entering program areas.
YMCA gift certificates are available at the Front Desk. Give a great gift
of membership or program participation, available in any denomination.
YMCA RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIP
You can now use your Waldo County YMCA card at participating Y’s
in New England through a reciprocation program.
• Present your valid YMCA membership card and photo identification
upon your first visit to a participating YMCA.
• Fill out a “Visiting Members” waiver or a standard
membership application form with liability waiver.
• Other participating YMCAs will NOT charge you a guest fee for
• Does not include programs or fitness classes or discounts. Visiting
members may sign up for classes at the non-member rate.
• Each participating YMCA reserves the right to restrict facility/program
access (babysitting, fitness classes, free swims, rock climbing, peak
court hours, etc.).
• State of Maine Employees through the Wellness Works program are
excluded from this program.